Do you have a favourite author or book you would like to recommend? If so, please contact Provincial Library & Literacy Office at email@example.com and we will consider adding it to our multilingual collection. We value community input and appreciate receiving recommendations and suggestions.
As part of the Provincial/Federal Early Years Grant, Provincial Library received funding to purchase new children's multilingual books. Thanks to this funding, Provincial Library added nearly 9000 new children's books to the collection in over 20 languages, including three new languages: Nepali, Malayalam and Somali.
The Provincial Library and Literacy Office (PLLO) has more than 70,000 books in over twenty-five languages, including Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Dutch, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Panjabi/Punjabi, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Ukrainian, Urdu, and Vietnamese. We have also recently added children's material in the following languages: Nepali, Malayalam, and Somali. The multilingual collection has fiction and non-fiction books for children and adults.
Individuals interested in borrowing multilingual books can either search the catalogue and place a hold using their public library card, or contact their local public library branch to see what language books they carry.
Need a library card? Contact your local public library for more information.
Search for and request multilingual books in the SILS province-wide public library catalog. If you know the title, author, publisher or subject of the book you are looking for:
1) Go to the SILS Catalogue Advanced Search.
2) Enter the title, author, publisher or subject of a book that you are looking for in the search box, and click the Go! button to search. If in non Roman language, try both the Roman form and original text.
3) Browse the search results to find the book you are looking for. If you want to narrow the search results, use Limit by above the search results, Narrow your search on the left of search result, or More Search Options under the Limit by menu.
5) Click Place Request if you would like to borrow the title.
6) Follow system instructions.
7) When notified of availability, go to your specified library branch to sign out items.
2) Put * (a star) in the keyword search box.
3) In Format, select book.
4) In Language, select the language you are looking for.
5) If you want to browse the books currently at a specific location, select the library system and branch in Location.
6) Click Search, and if you wish place holds on the books you are interested in.